brood marenoun [ C ]uk /ˈbruːd ˌmeər/ us /ˈbruːd ˌmer/
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
Examples from literature
- He heard the neigh of the brood mare.
- I had now a new-band of horses numbering altogether nine head, but three of them were wild brood mares that had never before been in harness, and laughable was the scene that ensued at starting.
- The acreage being limited, he can only keep a certain number of horses, and, therefore, has no room for a brood mare.
- The value of cart-horse colts has risen greatly, and those who are fortunately able to maintain a brood mare have reaped the profit.
- They have no brood mares, nor any trade sufficiently valuable to supply their yearly losses, and endeavor to keep up their stock by stealing horses from the other tribes to the west and southwest.