buildernoun [ C ]uk /ˈbɪl.dər/ us /ˈbɪl.dɚ/
- Most of the bricklaying has been subcontracted out to a local builder.
- The builder did a rough sketch of how the new stairs would look.
- I think we'll need to pay a builder to take this wall down.
- The builders worked on wooden platforms, suspended by ropes from the roof of the building.
- The pyramids are a living monument to the skill of their builders.
Examples from literature
- Rather than pouring this ash into the ocean or landfills, builders can mix it with concrete. This reduces the amount of other materials in the concrete.
- Think of people working in restaurant kitchens or builders working outside in the heat of the sun.
- Roman bricks have often been used by subsequent builders, and are found built up in the masonry of much later periods.
- The architect has to give his certificate before the builder gets his cheque.
- The builders and masons of our country cottages were cunning men, and adapted their designs to their materials.
- The original nave was probably covered by a flat wooden ceiling, the Early Norman builders rarely venturing to span any wide space by a stone vaulting.
- Who were the builders of these grand and stately edifices?