buildernoun [ C ]uk /ˈbɪl.dər/ us /ˈbɪl.dɚ/
- Most of the bricklaying has been subcontracted out to a local builder.
- The builder did a rough sketch of how the new stairs would look.
- I think we'll need to pay a builder to take this wall down.
- The builders worked on wooden platforms, suspended by ropes from the roof of the building.
- The pyramids are a living monument to the skill of their builders.
- Rather than pouring this ash into the ocean or landfills, builders can mix it with concrete. This reduces the amount of other materials in the concrete.
- Think of people working in restaurant kitchens or builders working outside in the heat of the sun.