callverbuk /kɔːl/ us /kɑːl/
call verb (NAME)
call verb (PHONE)
call verb (CONSIDER)
- Some people call English a mongrel language because it is a mixture of old German and French.
- How can you call those barbarians your friends?
- It's a suburb of Manchester really - I wouldn't call it Manchester proper.
- He's quite attractive but not what I'd call gorgeous.
- He had a few tufts of hair on his chin, but you could hardly call it a beard.
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
call verb (SHOUT/CRY)
call verb (ASK TO COME)
call verb (VISIT)
call verb (DECIDE ON)
callnounuk /kɔːl/ us /kɑːl/
call noun (PHONE)
- Will you excuse me? I've got to make a phone call.
- The phone company were unable to trace the call.
- Please confine your use of the phone to business calls.
- He told my boss that I'd been making long-distance calls at work!
- We had to make five calls to technical support just to get the new computer working.
call noun (ANIMAL)
call noun (DEMAND)
call noun (VISIT)
call noun (DECISION)
- be make or break for sb/sth idiom
- be on the horns of a dilemma idiom
- come down on one side of the fence or the other idiom
- come to sth
- hammer sth out
- it's a date idiom
- judgment call
- make or break sth idiom
- make up your mind idiom
- nail sth down
- name the day idiom
- spin a coin idiom