capitalismnoun [ U ]uk /ˈkæp.ɪ.təl.ɪ.zəm/ us /ˈkæp.ə.t̬əl.ɪ.zəm/
C2 an economic, political, and social system in which property, business, and industry are privately owned, directed towards making the greatest possible profits for successful organizations and people
- Tony Blair claims that New Labour is the Third Way between capitalism and socialism.
- The paper showed a picture of homeless people sleeping on the streets with the caption underneath 'the unacceptable face of capitalism'.
- She spoke with passion against the evils of capitalism.
- With capitalism, people are motivated by the idea of personal profit and success.
- He is fiercely left-wing and always protesting about the dire effects of capitalism and globalization.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas