certaintynounuk /ˈsɜː.tən.ti/ us /ˈsɝː.tən.ti/
certainty noun (IN NO DOUBT)
- Somehow she knew, with deep-down certainty, that her son was still alive.
- Each one of us faces the certainty that we are going to die.
- I can't say I'm certain they'll win, because there are no certainties in life, but they've got an excellent chance.
- Can you state with certainty that this is the same man you saw on that day?
- He stood up and declared his faith with absolute certainty.
certainty noun (EXTREMELY LIKELY)
- all roads lead to Rome idiom
- be (only) a matter of time idiom
- be damned if you do and damned if you don't idiom
- be nothing for it idiom
- be part and parcel of sth idiom
- it can't be helped idiom
- seal sb's fate idiom