chancellornoun [ C ]also Chancellor uk /ˈtʃɑːn.səl.ər/ us /ˈtʃæn.səl.ɚ/
- Last month's rise in inflation was described by the chancellor as only temporary.
- Do you have any surprises for us in your budget this week, Chancellor?
- Today the Chancellor of the university presented him with an honorary degree.
- The German chancellor, Gerhard Schroeder, arrived for talks at Downing Street today.
- If he is appointed to the post of university chancellor, his role will be mainly ceremonial.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
noun [ S ] uk /ˈtʃɑːn.səl.ə.ʃɪp/ us /ˈtʃæn.səl.ɚ.ʃɪp/