changelingnoun [ C ]uk /ˈtʃeɪndʒ.lɪŋ/ us /ˈtʃeɪndʒ.lɪŋ/
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
Examples from literature
- Devilish changelings, Luther said, were often placed by Satan in the cradles of human children.
- Fairy changelings may be recognized by tricky habits, constant crying, and other unusual characteristics.
- Of course the witches had swooped down upon the lad and put the straw changeling in his place!
- T he elves once took a child away from its mother, and left in its place a changeling with a big head and staring eyes, who did nothing but eat and drink.
- They also stole babies, leaving in their place changelings, goblins who were old in wickedness while still in the cradle, possessing superhuman cunning and skill in music.