chevronnoun [ C ]uk /ˈʃev.rən/ /ˈʃev.rɒn/ us /ˈʃev.rən/
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- But she had obliquely noticed that he was young and slim, and that he wore three chevrons upon his sleeve.
- Chevrons, service stripes, and campaign medals and badges are a part of the uniform and must be worn as prescribed.
- I suggested to him that he was rather a youngster to be wearing veteran chevrons.
- On his sleeve was the chevron of a petty officer.
- The capitals are all carved, and the arch moulds richly ornamented with chevrons, foliage, and lozenges, as well as many curious figure subjects.