Examples from literature
- Most of the travellers seemed limp and exhausted, and were pale with the pallor that comes of a choppy Channel crossing.
- The boat was still moving with unabated speed, and the dark, choppy water stretched all round them.
- The sea being choppy, by this time the vessel echoed from end to end with groans and lamentations.
- The wind was quite high, which made the water choppy.
- We had a very choppy crossing, and you would most certainly have been sick had you been on board.