claimantnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkleɪ.mənt/ us /ˈkleɪ.mənt/
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- If the claim is approved, payment is made through the local union to the legal claimants. The majority of the unions paying disability benefits, as a precautionary measure specify the time within which claims for disability must be filed.
- It is perfectly clear that the only pretexts for giving this claimant a pension are military service, old age, and poverty.
- Kings have rarely been able to abstain from acts of severity against those who might become claimants to the throne.
- The British claimants of the territory, finding that American immigration was increasing, began to bring settlers from the Red River of the North.
- The claimants were the reigning King, and the mother, brother, and sister of the deceased widow.