clamnoun [ C ]uk /klæm/ us /klæm/
Examples from literature
- He also eats some geoducks – one of the world’s biggest clams.
- This is one of the biggest species of clam.
- He cut the dirt up with his stone ax, and threw it out with a clam shell.
- In the same way herring-gulls lift sea-urchins and clams in their bills, and let them fall on the rocks so that the shells are broken.
- Mr. Graves's appetite was good, and the clam pie was good.
- Place the clams, after being opened, in a kettle with enough cold water to cover.
- Separate the hard from the soft parts of the clams.