Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
adverb uk /ˈklæn.ɪʃ.li/ us /ˈklæn.ɪʃ.li/ disapproving
noun [ U ] uk /ˈklæn.ɪʃ.nəs/ us /ˈklæn.ɪʃ.nəs/ disapproving
Examples from literature
- As a result, driven back upon themselves from every side, the traitors and their families became clannish.
- In most cities the members of the legal profession form a clique, and are very clannish.
- These two societies seem to have the true clannish spirit, and a hatred and rivalry exist between them that remind one of the stories of the Middle Ages.
- They are devoted to their children, strong in their family feeling, even to remote relationships, and clannish in their community life.
- We have been wanting to have an old-time frolic, but didn't wish to seem selfish and clannish.