clashverbuk us /klæʃ/
clash verb (FIGHT)
- be a far cry from sth idiom
- be another matter/thing idiom
- be another/a different kettle of fish idiom
- be far removed from sth idiom
- depart from sth
- set sth/sb apart
clash verb (COMPETE)
clash verb (NOT ATTRACTIVE)
clash verb (HAPPEN TOGETHER)
clash verb (LOUD NOISE)
clashnounuk us /klæʃ/
clash noun (FIGHT)
- The final will be a clash of the titans.
- There was a violent clash between rival supporters after the match.
- The fear is that these minor clashes may develop into all-out confrontation.
- Border clashes have led to increased friction between the two countries.
- 30 demonstrators were killed in clashes with the security forces over the weekend.
clash noun (NOT ATTRACTIVE)
clash noun (HAPPENING TOGETHER)
clash noun (LOUD NOISE)