cloud banknoun [ C ]uk /ˈklaʊd ˌbæŋk/ us /ˈklaʊd ˌbæŋk/
Examples from literature
- But woolly, white cloud banks sailed lazily aloft, intensifying by contrast the blue of the sky.
- I don't like the look of that haze and that cloud bank.
- Light fleeces of cloud drifted in the azure sky, but to the west heavy cloud banks threatened with rain.
- The farmer considered, casting an anxious glance at the cloud bank into which the sun had sunk.
- Three gleaming specks had just burst through a cloud bank to the north.