cobranoun [ C ]uk /ˈkəʊ.brə/ us /ˈkoʊ.brə/
Examples from literature
- The cobra lives in old walls or heaps of stone and timber, under roots, or in dead trunks in the forest, in fact anywhere where he can find a sheltered hole.
- The cobra, for example, when disturbed, raises its immense hood in a most terrifying attitude!
- The needle was swaying like a cobra's head.
- The snake-charmer keeps all sorts of them, but chiefly cobras.
- When the charmer begins to play with a cobra he fixes his eyes on it and never removes them for a second.