cold snapnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkəʊld ˌsnæp/ us /ˈkoʊld ˌsnæp/
Examples from literature
- I cut some last year after the extreme cold snap in December and we threw it practically all away this spring.
- In fact during those few days there had been a very cold snap throughout the region.
- It's mighty unusual, a cold snap like this in March, remarked the man who shuffled.
- Maybe we'll have a storm and a cold snap that will improve conditions.
- She lays her eggs in November and dies with the first cold snap.