commanoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɒm.ə/ us /ˈkɑː.mə/
- Put a comma after the clause.
- We usually put a comma after thousands in numbers.
- Should I put a comma before the 'and'?
Examples from literature
- A comma is used whenever necessary to prevent ambiguity.
- Added comma missing in original after "hunting".
- The passage between commas is omitted in the representation, but we know not why.
- The subject of address is followed by a comma: "John, you are a good man."
- Whether they put the title in italics, or within commas, it is always italicised in this edition.