companynounuk /ˈkʌm.pə.ni/ us /ˈkʌm.pə.ni/
company noun (BUSINESS)
- The commercial future of the company looks very promising.
- The company is concentrating on developing new products.
- The law obliges companies to pay decent wages to their employees.
- PolyGram is one of the world's largest record companies.
- In the space of just ten years, her company has grown from one small shop to a multi-million-pound empire.
company noun (OTHER PEOPLE)
- You should take it as a compliment when I fall asleep in your company - it means I'm relaxed.
- She didn't mix with her contemporaries, preferring the company of older people.
- Where have you been? We've been deprived of your company for far too long!
- She entranced them with her intellect and the joy of her company.
- I can't stand academics - present company excepted .
company noun (THEATRICAL GROUP)
company noun (GROUP)