conferencenoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɒn.fər.əns/ us /ˈkɑːn.fɚ.əns/
a conference on women's rights
be in conference formal
- He's giving a paper on thermodynamics at a conference at Manchester University.
- A group of four teachers were delegated to represent the school at the union conference.
- An international medical conference was established for the interchange of new ideas and approaches.
- She called a news conference to give her side of the story.
- The hotel is an ideal venue for conferences and business meetings.