conjuring tricknoun [ C ]uk /ˈkʌn.dʒə.rɪŋ ˌtrɪk/ us /ˈkʌn.dʒɚɪŋ ˌtrɪk/
Examples from literature
- After having been darkened for a scenic conjuring trick, the stage was very suddenly thrown into brilliant light.
- As easily as though it was some conjuring trick the rock began to settle down in the water.
- Do you expect God to put cash into your desk by a conjuring trick?
- He waggled his club over it as if he were going to perform a conjuring trick.
- The young man was possessed of considerable dexterity, and performed a number of very clever conjuring tricks.