consumeverb [T]uk /kənˈsjuːm/ us /-ˈsuːm/
consume verb [T] (USE RESOURCE)
- It's the sum total of what you eat over a long period that matters and not what you consume in a day.
- We consumed vast quantities of food and drink that night.
- Alcohol should be consumed in moderation, and this is particularly true for pregnant women.
- We recommend that this wine should be consumed within six months.
- The defence budget consumes vast amounts of money.
consume verb [T] (DESTROY)
- be sacrificed on the altar of sth idiom
- blast/blow sb/sth to kingdom come idiom
- fall in
- kill sth off
- kill the goose that lays the golden egg idiom
- knock sth down
- stave sth in
- take sb/sth out
- tear 1
- tear sth apart
- tear sth down
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas: