consumptionnoun [U]uk /kənˈsʌmp.ʃən/ us /kənˈsʌmp.ʃən/
consumption noun [U] (USE)
- The commonest cause of cirrhosis is alcohol consumption.
- In this period, there were 974 outbreaks of communicable disease attributed to the consumption of raw milk.
- The new exhaust system, it is claimed, will lower fuel consumption.
- She said that industrialized countries should reduce their gluttonous consumption of oil.
- The inspector declared the meat fit for human consumption .
consumption noun [U] (DISEASE)