contemptnoun [U]uk us /kənˈtempt/
contempt noun [U] (NO RESPECT)
- She looked at him with undisguised contempt.
- He rewarded their kindness with hostility and contempt.
- Both Shelley and Byron had a passionate contempt for cant and hypocrisy.
- The boy shows utter contempt for authority and is virtually uncontrollable.
- In their senseless killing of innocent people, the terrorists display total contempt for human life.
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas: