contemptnoun [ U ]uk /kənˈtempt/ us /kənˈtempt/
contempt noun [ U ] (NO RESPECT)
She's beneath contempt (= I have no respect for her)!
hold sb/sth in contempt
› to feel contempt for someone or something
- She looked at him with undisguised contempt.
- He rewarded their kindness with hostility and contempt.
- Both Shelley and Byron had a passionate contempt for cant and hypocrisy.
- The boy shows utter contempt for authority and is virtually uncontrollable.
- In their senseless killing of innocent people, the terrorists display total contempt for human life.
Sinónimos: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas: