contractnoun [C]uk /ˈkɒn.trækt/ us /ˈkɑːn-/
- The contract between the two companies will expire at the end of the year.
- They will only agree to sign the contract if certain conditions are met.
- I'm on a temporary contract and have little financial security .
- Under the terms of their contract, employees must give three months' notice if they leave.
- Her firm have just won a cleaning contract worth £3 million.
contractverbuk us /kənˈtrækt/
contract verb (SHORTEN)
contract verb (BECOME ILL)
contract verb (AGREEMENT)