coraclenoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɒr.ə.kəl/ us /ˈkɔːr.ə.kəl/
Examples from literature
- Coracles are sometimes used for ferrying—also punts.
- It was easy now to understand how she had recognized that rock tunnel through which the little coracle had been paddled.
- The cattle slept in the fields, the fishermen slept in their coracles.
- The current was bearing coracle and schooner southward at an equal rate.
- There is a fishing coracle coming alongside of us, my master, said he, "with two fishermen in her."