corn on the cobnoun [ U ]uk /ˌkɔːn.ɒn.ðə ˈkɒb/ us /ˌkɔːrn.ɑːn.ðə ˈkɑːb/
Examples from literature
- Blanch corn on the cob five minutes.
- Corn on the cob is taken with the fingers, but is never served at a dinner party.
- I left Jim because when he ate corn on the cob he always closed his eyes and it drove me wild.
- In serving sweet corn on the cob, provide finger-bowls, or a small doily to use in holding the ear of corn.
- Sweet corn on the cob should be cooked as soon as possible after taking it from stalk, as after being removed it soon loses its sweetness.