cornicenoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɔː.nɪs/ us /ˈkɔːr.nɪs/
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
Examples from literature
- In shape it is hexagonal, with shafts at the angles rising into an enriched cornice.
- Over each arch attached to the cornice, surrounding the building, there were three grotesque heads.
- The afternoon was dark and electric lights burned along the cornice of the room engaged for the shareholders' meeting.
- The horizontal lines of the architrave and cornice predominate over the vertical lines of the columns.
- The walls were ornamented with the choicest specimens of French paper, enriched with a gilded cornice of elegant design.