country clubnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkʌn.tri ˌklʌb/ us /ˈkʌn.tri ˌklʌb/
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- In country clubs visitors may always be brought in by members in unlimited numbers.
- The awakening came one night at a dance at the country club.
- Those classed as sports may require a country club membership but even this is on a more modest scale.
- We motored to the country club.
- When I grew expert we danced together at the country club and at some of the smart places down-town.