country dancenoun [ C ]uk /ˌkʌn.tri ˈdɑːns/ us /ˌkʌn.tri ˈdæns/
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- A number of country dances followed.
- It was in the afternoon and they were on their way to a country dance.
- Our country dances they esteem too violent and confused, without showing grace or agility.
- The old country dances which used to delight our fathers seem to be vanishing.
- The peasants, dressed in their gala clothes, were forming in a circle for the country dance.