cubbyholenoun [ C ]uk /ˈkʌb.i.həʊl/ us /ˈkʌb.i.hoʊl/
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- He popped back into his cubbyhole.
- His first visit there was to a small room in the basement—a dark cubbyhole next to the coal room.
- I could not imagine what this little cubbyhole was, but as there seemed to be nowhere else to go, I went in.
- It opened along lines previously concealed by the wood's grain and revealed a small cubbyhole built into the wall, probably meant for its present use, concealment.
- Some of these cubbyholes were so tiny that a canary bird could scarcely have hidden in them, while other places where the stewards looked would have hidden a giant.