cuticlenoun [ C ]uk /ˈkjuː.tɪ.kəl/ us /ˈkjuː.t̬ɪ.kəl/
Examples from literature
- In a few days the yellow hue becomes more intense, and particularly on the cuticle, the conjunctiva, the iris, the gums, and the lips.
- Some persons are troubled by the cuticle adhering to the nail as it grows.
- The cuticle adheres to the nail around its entire circumference so that the covering over the dermis is complete.
- The cuticle is constantly undergoing renewal.
- We may here observe that the cuticle contains the pigment for coloring the skin.