cystitisnoun [ U ]uk /sɪˈstaɪ.tɪs/ us /sɪˈstaɪ.t̬əs/ mainly UK
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
- autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease
- autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease
- bladder polyp
- bladder tumour
- hyperoxaluria and oxalosis
- kidney stone
- prostate enlargement
- renal failure
- urethral stricture
Examples from literature
- Cystitis is or may be present, and with the retention is a constant threat to the kidneys.
- In division C are representations of the cells found in the urine of persons suffering from cystitis or other inflammatory diseases.
- The bladder muscles share in the ataxia, and the consequent retention of urine frequently causes cystitis, and may endanger life by the involvement of the kidneys.
- The cause of her husband's death was cystitis, which, being interpreted, is inflammation of the bladder.
- The results of this pernicious practice are Bright's disease of the kidneys, cystitis or inflammation of the bladder, and numerous other grave maladies.