daily breadnoun [ U ]uk /ˌdeɪ.li ˈbred/ us /ˌdeɪ.li ˈbred/ informal
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
Examples from literature
- All his possessions were stripped away and plundered, and his family lacked even their daily bread.
- He earned, indeed, his daily bread, but he had neither linen, clothes, nor shoes.
- His mother worked hard for their daily bread.
- They had been crushed by a frightful accident, while working for his daily bread, in the quarries of marble near the palace on the hill.
- With daily toil for daily bread, with sordid pains and pleasures?