defendernoun [ C ]uk /dɪˈfen.dər/ us /dɪˈfen.dɚ/
defender noun [ C ] (PROTECTOR)
- He gained a reputation as being a staunch defender of civil rights.
- She is a strict defender of Catholic orthodoxy.
- The defender launched himself at the attacking player, bringing him to the ground.
- He produced a brilliant feint, passed two defenders, and smashed the ball into the net.
- The defenders repelled the attack without losing any men.
defender noun [ C ] (IN SPORT)
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas