deputynoun [ C ]uk /ˈdep.jə.ti/ us /ˈdep.jə.t̬i/
I'd like you to meet Ann Gregory, my deputy.
- She has been promoted from deputy manager to senior manager.
- The party leader is an extreme left-winger, but her deputy is more moderate in her views.
- The mayor and her deputy locked horns over plans for the new road.
- She's the nominal head of our college - the real work is done by her deputy.
- The contest for deputy leadership of the party is gathering speed.
Sinónimos: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas