determinationnounuk /dɪˌtɜː.mɪˈneɪ.ʃən/ us /dɪˌtɝː.mɪˈneɪ.ʃən/
determination noun (TRYING HARD)
- Her ambition and dogged determination ensured that she rose to the top of her profession.
- Stoically, and with great determination, the people set about rebuilding the village.
- Her determination, teamwork skills and leadership capabilities convinced us that she was perfect for the job.
- "The team has great determination to win, " declared the coach. "I've no doubts on that score."
- The expression on his face was one of grim determination.
determination noun (DECISION)
determination noun (DISCOVERING)
- a fishing expedition idiom
- break fresh/new ground idiom
- catch sb red-handed idiom
- happen on/upon sth/sb
- have a (good) nose for sth idiom
- have got something there idiom
- run sb/sth to ground idiom
- search sth/sb out
- sniff sth out
- sniff sth/sb out