doffverb [ T ]uk /dɒf/ us /dɑːf/ old-fashioned
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
- be scattered to the four winds idiom
- cast sb/sth aside/away/off
- fling sth/sb out
- flush sth out
- free sb from/of sth
- throw sth away/out
- throw the baby out with the bathwater idiom
- toss sth aside
- toss sth out
- turf sth out
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
Examples from literature
- Harry doffed his plumed hat, and rode on at the head of his regiment.
- He could doff his cap and speak smilingly to starving men.
- He stopped to speak to an old woman and doffed his hat, showing a clipped silver-blond head.
- The commissary, who was smoking at his ease, politely doffed his hat upon the singer's entrance.
- The old man doffed his hat with a respectful formality.