Examples from literature
- Cuffed trousers are not good form, nor should a dinner coat be double-breasted.
- He finally tucked this into an inner pocket of the double-breasted pilot coat he wore.
- He was dressed in a dark town suit and wore a big double-breasted overcoat.
- He wears white flannels, the coat double-breasted and buttoned, the tie is light blue "puffing" fastened with a large pearl.
- He wore a double-breasted coat, that on anyone else would have looked ridiculous, and even so was strikingly original.