dressing gownnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdres.ɪŋ ˌɡaʊn/ us /ˈdres.ɪŋ ˌɡaʊn/
Examples from literature
- But it was David, wrapped in a long gray dressing gown, looking for all the world like a monk.
- He had breakfast served in his room, and he ate it in a red dressing gown with green tassels.
- It needed painting badly, but it looked quite as well as the minister who came to the door in a ragged dressing gown.
- Katy was alone, sitting up in her pretty dressing gown of blue, which was so becoming to her pure complexion.
- The colonel was standing in the middle of his parlor, wrapped in a gaudy dressing gown, and in his hand he held my mangled bulletin.