drinking fountainnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdrɪŋ.kɪŋ ˌfaʊn.tɪn/ us /ˈdrɪŋ.kɪŋ ˌfaʊn.tɪn/
Examples from literature
- A drinking fountain now occupies its site.
- I was drawing them all yesterday morning—two model cottages on each side, and the drinking fountain in the middle.
- In the centre is a drinking fountain.
- Today there is not a school in the city which is not supplied with sanitary drinking fountains, and the common cup is a thing of the past.
- We're going to set up a drinking fountain in the business square, Fanny explained.