dryadjectiveuk us /draɪ/ (drier, driest)
dry adjective (NOT WET)
dry adjective (BORING)
dry adjective (NO ALCOHOL)
dry adjective (NOT SWEET)
dry adjective (HUMOUR)
drynounuk us /draɪ/
dryverb [I or T]uk us /draɪ/
- You're sopping wet - go and dry yourself and get changed.
- The school provides paper towels for the children to dry their hands on.
- If she leaves her hair to dry on its own, it just waves naturally.
- We'll have to wait another couple of hours for the paint to dry.
- He was humming a tune as he dried the dishes.