Dutchmannoun [ C ]uk /ˈdʌtʃ.mən/ us /ˈdʌtʃ.mən/ plural -men uk /-mən/ us
› a man from the Netherlands
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- In 1690, Dutchman Cornelius van Drebbel invented the first moving undersea submarine.
- Do not call a German a Dutchman.
- I hardly ever knew a mean Dutchman.
- I must say the pleasure of meeting was more on the Dutchman's side than on the Englishman's.
- It is, however, in no sense Dutch: the girl is not Dutch, the painting is Dutch only because it is the work of a Dutchman.
- Now you see what you get by taking a fancy to a Dutchman.