eitheradverbuk /ˈaɪ.ðər/ /ˈiː.ðər/ us /ˈiː.ðɚ/ /ˈaɪ.ðɚ/
- I've never been here before either, so it's all strange to me too.
- We certainly don't lead a life of luxury but we're not poor either.
- "And the dress that you bought me doesn't fit either!" she shouted as she walked off.
- Actually I'm pleased you don't want to go, because I don't either.
- I'm not allowed another piece of cake, so you're not either!
eitherdeterminer, pronoun, conjunctionuk /ˈaɪ.ðər/ /ˈiː.ðər/ us /ˈiː.ðɚ/ /ˈaɪ.ðɚ/
- You can move the cursor either by using the mouse or by using the arrow keys on the keyboard.
- She either loves you or hates you - it's all or nothing with her.
- We got caught in pouring rain without either raincoats or umbrellas.
- He's either a hero or a villain, depending on your point of view.
- It's either Spanish or Portuguese that she speaks, but I've forgotten which.