elementary schoolnoun [ C ]/el.ɪˈmen.tər.i ˌskuːl/ /el.ɪˈmen.t̬ɚ.i ˌskuːl/ UK old-fashioned or US
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- No elementary school can really afford to miss the opportunity such work holds out.
- Our elementary schools and high schools have increasingly turned out a multitude of girls who could meet these requirements.
- Some two or three years ago it was seriously proposed that marine navigation should be taught in all the elementary schools of a certain maritime county!
- The excessive regard that has always been paid in our elementary schools to neat handwriting and correct spelling is characteristic of the whole Western attitude towards education.
- Whom shall we blame for the shortcomings of our elementary schools?