empanelverb [ T ]-ll- or US usually -l- also impanel -ll- or US usually -l- uk /ɪmˈpæn.əl/ us /ɪmˈpæn.əl/ specialized
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
Examples from literature
- A jury was speedily empaneled, the low, stern tones of the judge were heard in timely admonition, and the prosecution was commenced.
- Crier, open the court and let the jury be empaneled.
- First there was the lengthy process of empanelling a jury, with the inevitable accompaniment of challenges and objections, until the most unintelligent looking dozen of the panel finally found themselves in the jury box.
- On the day the jury was empanelled, the prisoner and every one else knew what it was to be.
- When the coroner arrived, soon after six o'clock, a jury was empanelled and witnesses sworn.