employmentnoun [U]uk /ɪmˈplɔɪ.mənt/ us /ɪmˈplɔɪ.mənt/
employment noun [U] (WORK)
- Your contract will set out the terms and conditions of your employment.
- It doesn't seem likely that we will see a return to full employment in the near future.
- Some economists think that full employment in Europe is an unattainable goal.
- More and more young people are leaving rural areas to find employment in the cities.
- The new factory will provide employment for about a hundred local people.
employment noun [U] (USE)