endnounuk /end/ us /end/
end noun (LAST POINT)
end noun (SMALL PART)
end noun (AIM)
end noun (TYPE OF ACTIVITY)
- answer for sb/sth
- answer for sth
- answer to sb
- have sth on your hands idiom
- I am not my brother's keeper idiom
- in the hot seat idiom
- it's your own lookout idiom
- saddle sb with sth
- social contract
endverb [I or T]uk /end/ us /end/
- Eventually, the two girls agreed to end their quarrel.
- This was her final professional match, and she wanted to end her career in a blaze of glory.
- Their marriage ended eight years ago in an acrimonious divorce.
- The president ended his visit by laying a wreath at the war memorial.
- In Britain, the spring term starts in January and ends just before Easter.
- all good things (must) come to an end idiom
- and have done with it idiom
- be over the hump idiom
- knock off (sth)
- lay sth to rest idiom
- lay the ghost of sth (to rest) idiom
- leave it at that idiom
- the curtain falls on sth idiom
- to the bitter end idiom
- top sth off