energy noun (STRENGTH)
I was going to go out this evening, but I just haven't got the energy.
energies [ plural ]
- I'm not being lazy - I'm just saving my energy for later.
- Her experience and energy are a winning combination in business.
- We were struck by the raw energy of the dancers' performances.
- For the past month he's been spending all his time and energy on trying to find a job.
- I'd like to go out this evening, but I don't think I've got the energy.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
energy noun (POWER)
- Solar power is the conversion of the sun's energy into heat and electricity.
- Plutonium is a fuel used to produce nuclear energy.
- The exploration for new sources of energy is vital for the future of our planet.
- Many countries are starting to turn their attention to new forms of energy.
- We must invest more in renewable energy sources such as wind and wave power.